The Meeting House

The original building was the center of town. The current sanctuary is the third building on this site, built in 1834. The Brewster Meeting House Preservation Project worked to marshal resources to make much needed repairs, including: lifting the building and setting it back down on an entirely new foundation, a new roof, new timbers, a new plaza, improved access for wheelchair users and others, and more. BMHPP continues to raise funds for the preservation of the building and to invite use of the Meeting House as a center for the arts and community gatherings in the wider Brewster area and beyond.

 

Leave a Reply